Wednesday 17 September 2008

Going home soon...

I'm going back home soon--whateve home means, it is my family, my friends, all the things I've missed.
I may have found someone who will take over my job, which would be great to keep the projects going. I will talk to her tomorrow and then fix my flight back, through D.C., to London, and Torino. It's not an easy decision, but I need to set a date so I stop this schizofrenia of wanting to leave this minute and wanting to stay here years. I am very attached to this country I still don't understand (do you ever fully unerstand a place?) but that I love in spite of the (three) people who really disappointed me. I hope that when I look back on this experience I will be able to separate between how much I despise Maricarmen, and how beautiful the place is, and how much Sonia drives me crazy, and how much I admire and respect so many people I've met, and how much Luis hurt me, and how much I enjoy working with the communities, and how much I have learned from all of it.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry... distance and time may not always heal, but they bring wisdom and perspective. Everthing... the good the bad and the ugly... becomes a part of you and helps to make you the wonderful insightful woman that you have become!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with Elizabeth: time and distance will make you understand the real value of this experience and interpret the many things you are unable to disentangle now. You can see the valley only from the top of the mountain...

Erica said...

haha...that's kind of ironic, did you know ollantaytambo is the lowest point in the valley?

cmq grazie dei bei commenti :)

Anonymous said...

There... you see...? You have already been to the lowest point! It is all upwards from here!

Clelia said...

I am waiting for you in London.

see you soon

Valeria