Monday 25 February 2008

Jungle memories and work plans

After the ordeal of a 13-hour bus ride back to Cusco (with 2 flat tires, a broken piece of bus, and 3 stretches on foot because the road was full of landslides and rivers) I am back! Back in a chilly office, wearing a sweater and poncho on top, drinking hot tea to keep warm...and I love it! I love clean feet and no insects, nice hair not curled by the humidity, and the lack of small-town drama which permeates everything in Pilcopata--I am hopelessly a city/mountain girl. It's interesting how adaptable humans are, and yet how we love what we know.

I have lots of work to do, 2 partnerships working out with English organizations, going to the Valley for 3 days tomorrow, Simone (my first volunteer) coming Sunday, all the info to prepare for the NGO website in 3 languages--it's almost ready :)
Great live news: one of the project's we're going to partner with is an English organization linking volunteers to 3 NGOs, one in Cambodia, one in South Africa, and one in Bolivia (and hopefully us). The coordinator of the Bolivia project just emailed me and she turns out to be Italian! She's going to visit us at the end of March, see the project in the Sacred Valley, and travel to Pilcopata with me and Simone on April 4 to see the projects in the jungle...exciting!

Here are some pictures, and hopefully I'll have some time later for some stories from the jungle...



The Jungle

No comments: